Sunday, February 1, 2009

Snow, snow, and more snow!!

I love snow. It only happens under perfect conditions. Some people seem to hate the snow, but it makes everything beautiful. Eight months of the year, it only rains. Snow is magical. It is pure, fresh, invigorating, quiet, and powerful. To hear some people go on about the snow, you would think we are living in Florida or it is ruining the 4th of July picnic.
.
I love and celebrate all the seasons for what they are. Each season, like life, has its own wonderful, unique days and nights that make it worth seeing the next season.
.
Right this minute, my youngest daughter is in Lutheran hospital about to give my wife and I our 2nd grandchild, a girl (if the ultrasounds are correct). Our other daughter had our first grandchild, also a girl, on the evening of the ice storm. I guess I am posting this to keep myself busy while I'm waiting for word of progress.

Carl

No comments: